Friday, October 9, 2009

Obama Wins the Lottery!


The deadline for application for the Nobel Peace Prize was 12 days after Obama became President. It must have been the most productive 12 days in the history of the world. Unbelievable. I think this is the first time the Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to someone for what he/she says he will do rather than what the person actually does.

Lets see what Obama did in those twelve days. He made an inaugural address and apologized for America. Since those twelve days, he increased our involvement in Afghanistan, blew the heads off some pirates and killed hundreds of terrorists - all while destroying the US economy. Now he's considering increasing our involvement in Afghanistan so he can kill more terrorists (actually, a good idea). Sounds like a "peace" prize candidate to me.

Alfred Nobel wrote in his will that the peace prize was to be given "to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between the nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies, and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses." You know, people like Jimmy Carter and Al Gore. Like I said, a busy 12 days for Obama.

Oh, by the way, I almost forgot to mention, our Commander In Chief receives 1.5 million dollars from the Committee. I wonder how he'll redistribute it.

I'm so proud.

P.S. Just in case the Nobel Peace Committee reads my blog, I want to say I plan to achieve world peace in the near future. I could also use the money. Thank you.

3 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Now for anyone in the future who wins, the prize means absolutely nothing.

J Dub said...

What an absolute farce. Someone, anyone, PLEASE give me Obama's Nobel Peace Prize resume. Doing so with a straight face would be quite impressive.

The whole damn world is in the tank for this guy. The problem with idealism is, IT DOESN'T WORK!

Mike West said...

Justin - no cussing on your uncle's blog. :)
I agree - it's a joke.