Wednesday, April 29, 2009
The First One Hundred Days . . .
I will say Obama's first 100 days have been busy. It's as if he's trying to get as much of the left's agenda accomplished as soon as possible before the American people discover who he really is. My impression is he's a puppet. Why? It's the teleprompter thing. Why does he need it to make announcements? Doesn't he know what he's announcing? Without it he makes Bush look articulate. I think he's been thrust into a position so overwhelming he can't handle it without aides spoon feeding him everything. I also think his "handlers" are aware of a unique opportunity to pull the puppet's strings. Thus the flip flops on things like whether to prosecute those involved in "enhanced interrogation" techniques. And things like "being intimately involved" in the pirates situation, but not knowing that HIS aircraft, Air Force One, is buzzing Ground Zero. And not being able to thoroughly vet Cabinet appointees. His being referred to as the messiah bothers me. But I will say one of the reasons the people who waved palm branches at Jesus were able to crucify him within a week was because, in their minds, he did not live up to their expectations of what a king should be. I think the American public is in for a rude awakening. And when that happens, as the 'ole saying goes, "Pity the fool."
These are some of his "accomplishments" as I see them:
- Closed down Guantanamo
- Set a withdrawal date for Iraq
- Appointed numerous tax dodgers to his administration
- Trashed any hopes of becoming energy independent
- Embarrassed the US by going to summits and apologizing for past US actions
- Embarrassed the US by giving world leaders tacky gifts
- Embarrassed the US by bowing to an arab king
- Embarrassed the US by kissing Chavez's butt
- Embarrassed the US by kissing Castro's butt
- Tripled the deficit
- Emasculated the DOD
- Emasculated the CIA
- Emasculated the FBI
- Nationalized the banking industry
- Nationalized the auto industry
- Watched and did nothing as N.Korea grew their nuclear program.
- Watched and did nothing as Iran grew their nuclear program.
- Appeared on a comedy show and made fun of Special Olympics participants
- Authorized blowing the heads off three pirates
- Lost Air Force One
- Signed an Executive Order to allow Hamas sympathizers to migrate to the US. (Didn't know about that one, did you? Check it out.)
- Is dealing with the swine flu near pandemic with an HHS department that's 19 executives short of complete.
- Gave up on the idea of quitting smoking
- Blamed Bush for everything
Let's hope the next 100 days aren't quite so "productive" - for all our sakes.