Friday, June 27, 2008

My neighborhood

Not. Well, sort of. Interlachen Country Club, this year's site for the LPGA US Open golf tournament is located in the suburb I live in. And, in fact, Clay's godparents are members of this club. So, we have been there many times. I have never been invited to play golf there. (Hmmm . . .) I have played tennis, swam in their pool, and had an Easter brunch or two there. It's a real classy place. Anyway, the point I wanted to make is if you want to get a glimpse of summer in Minnesota, tune in to the LPGA US Open on ESPN this afternoon, or NBC this weekend. These ladies can hit a golf ball.

5 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Cool! are you going to be there?

Mike West said...

Very nice - saw it on espn after you told me it was on. Those Oriental women play a mean golf game.

Brodad Unkabuddy said...

No, I won't be there, Lyndsey. Gotta work. I sold hot dogs at the men's US Open here in 1992 at Hazelden Country Club. I think it's better to watch on TV. Parking is a hassle. Tickets are expensive and you really don't get to see much.

twest said...

Oriental women?!

What part of KY are you from?

Looks like it's real purty up thar

Mike West said...

What's wrong with Oriental women Ted? You prejudice or something?