Wednesday, January 20, 2010
The New Senator from Massachusetts
The American people have spoken. When Republican Lt. Colonel Scott Brown, US Army Reserve, won in the most liberal state in the union, a message was sent to EVERY elected official in this country. On the day Al Franken was sworn in as the junior Senator from Minnesota, I really believed it demonstrated how far this country had fallen since the government started telling banks who to loan money to. The elite left thought Obama's election was finally the opportunity to move this country toward the progressive goals Woodrow Wilson espoused. They literally took the recipe of Sol Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" and followed it step by step. Unfortunately for them, the "uneducated rednecks" at the Tea Parties recognized the Obama administration for what it is (was) - a major threat to our basic economic freedom. Here's the key to achieving what the American people want:
• Lower our taxes - all of them. It has been proven reduced taxes will generate jobs and revenue for everyone - personal, small business, corporate, and government.
• Freeze government spending. No more earmarks and back room deals.
• Maintain a strong military and intelligence apparatus
• Reform healthcare BY:
- Encouraging competition nationwide across state lines
- Tort reform
- Reducing waste and fraud in current entitlements
• Secure our borders
• Treat terrorists as battlefield combatants not US citizens.
• Drill, baby, drill- as in energy independence and lower fuel prices.
Woe to the elected official who doesn't learn from the election of Senator Scott Brown. We love freedom in America and we bristle at government elites who are in Washington to abuse their power and ignore the will of the people. If they want to keep THEIR jobs, every elected official in this country should be reexamining their motivations and reviewing their responsibilities to their constituencies.