Monday, June 16, 2008

What's going on?

Have you noticed that just about anywhere you go publicly there's a large screen TV with CNN playing? Every airport I go to has CNN on the TV screens. Check out Detroit - the screens are huge! A Burger King near my house has CNN on the wall-mounted TV screens. Hotel lobbies all have the TV on. The government center in my county has CNN on the screens. And it's all negative news. Couple that with Time, Newsweek, USA Today, People magazine, and most other forms of print literature, the general populace is being bombarded with negative information.

It reminds me of the book "1984" or the book, "The Manchurian Candidate". If you've ever seen the Schwarznegger movie, "The Running Man", then you'll get my drift - mind control of the masses. I'm not saying that's what's going on, but just look around during your everyday activities and see how often you see the TV tuned to CNN in the various waiting rooms and places where people gather.That's not to mention all the copies of Time, Newsweek, USA Today, and People magazine that are available. Maybe it's me, but it's kind of spooky.

1 comment:

Mike West said...

Yep....even at McDonalds. I do think part of the reason is that Headline News is the only network rotating headlines and for people on the move, it can be a quick way to check the screen and see if another 911 has happened. No doubt that the constant bombardment of negativity from the media can wear on one's outlook on life. Thank God for TV Land and a fix of Andy Griffith and Leave It To Beaver. This past Sunday, our pastor put a clip up of Andy Griffith and mentioned how our nation has lost it's "innocence." I wish the monitors in the airports were airing Andy Griffith reruns. It could sure take the edge off traveling.