Sunday, March 9, 2008

Family West Debate Team


I have to say I am quite impressed with the debating abilities of the Family West when it comes to SEC basketball. First of all, you were professional and polite. Second of all, good use of documentation and outside resources. Finally, the enthusiasm for the subject was not matched by your opponent(s) at all. Not only did the Kentucky Wildcats win, but so did the Family West Debate Team. Good job!

Check out the debate at:
http://lyndseycornell.wordpress.com/2008/03/08/the-showdown/

4 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Haha... I was quite proud of the west team too. I tried to stay out of it as much as possible because although I hate the gators, the gator fans that were debating were my friends. But I didn't even need to join in. Dad and Justin did such a great job!

But really... it would be so much fun to have a real west debate team!

Mike West said...

Thank you. I was proud of my teammates....they more than held their own and kept things civil. I would call it more like trash-talking than debate however.

Brodad Unkabuddy said...

I think trash talking is when you start bringing your opponents' ancestry into the mix - that kind of thing.

J Dub said...

Thanks for your support. It was fun.